About Tourism in Buganda Kingdom
The Ministry of Tourism, Buganda Government was established by His Majesty the Kabaka of Buganda Ronald Muwenda Mutebi II on the 31st Dec 2007.
A centre of excellence for the development of Bugandaâ€™s tourism potential â€œBuganda at itâ€™s best: Beautification for developmentâ€
Research, build and promote Bugandaâ€™s cultural sites, cultural animals and cultural lifestyle/norms and traditions of Buganda for economic, development by promoting indigenous knowledge and applying modern technologies to preserve and market Bugandaâ€™s Tourism potential through collaborative efforts.
Developing and harnessing our tourism potential to complement Bugandaâ€™s economic growth.
In carrying out its operations, the Ministry is guided by the core values of Buganda namely;
- Okukuuma enonno, ebyâ€™obuwangwa nâ€™obulombolombo bwa Buganda.
- Okukuuma nâ€™okulwanirira ettaka lya Buganda.
- Okukulembeza Nnamulondo
- Okukuuma obumu.
These values are enshrined in the following principles: excellence, constant consultations with the Katikkiro, innovation, transparency and integrity: accountability: teamwork and empowerment of people through hands on approach.
- Spearheading Bugandaâ€™s policy formulation in the area of tourism.
- Identification and standardization of potential tourism sites in Buganda.
- Promoting Buganda Royal Tours and Travel Ltd.
- Accelerated research into historical facts for cross generation information. And building a Buganda Museum for the same.
- Finger printing of areas that are eligible for encroachment.
- Preservation of cultural sites and rare Ganda species and information in a Buganda museum.
- Improving cooperate governance of the above by a Buganda Tourism Board, information documentation and maintenance in a data bank.
- Safety studies in plant chemistry and animal biology to get a possible indication of shelf life.
- Capacity building including education and training.
- Massive advocacy, networking and building alliances especially with the following ; Buganda Land Board, Bakatikkiro bamasiro, Local District Councils, NEMA, World Tourism Organisation, Embassy Cultural attaches, NCRL,, The Cross-cultural Foundation of Uganda, Private Sector Foundation, Faculty of Tourism Nkumba University etc.
For more details: Visit Ministry of Tourism Buganda Kingdom
Kabaka of Buganda