28th August 2015
The Ministry of Buganda Affairs Abroad wishes to inform the Kingdom of Buganda and Ugandans at large that Ssaabasajja Kabaka has decided to send Katikkiro, Owek. Charles Peter Mayiga; to visit Kabaka’s subjects in Swaziland and South Africa.
The 1st deputy Katikkiro and minister for Buganda Affairs Abroad, Amb. Emmanuel Ssendaula conveyed out the program in a press conference held at Bulange Mmengo today morning.
The programme for that visit is as follows:
04-05 September 2015: Mbabane, Swaziland
06-07 September 2015: East London, East Cape Province, South Africa
08-10 September 2015: Cape Town, West Cape Province, South Africa
11-14 September 2015: Johannesburg, Gauteng Province, South Africa.
Amb. Ssendaula highlighted the main reasons for Katikkiro’s visit which include the inauguration of the new Kabaka’s Representatives in Swaziland and South Africa,to inform Kabaka’s subjects about the plans of Ssaabasajja Kabaka’s government to develop and bring the Kingdom to the top.
In a special way Katikkiro will update Kabaka’s subjects on the present status of the rehabilitation/reconstruction of the Royal Tombs at Kasubi and Wamala.
On the completion of Masengere.
On the commencement of the rehabilitation of Kabaka’s Lake.
And on the Implementation progress of the Kingdom’s 5 year Development Plan.
and to receive “Ettoffaali” from Kabaka’s subjects in Swaziland and South Africa.
Katikkiro’s delegation includes:-
The Royal Family:
- Princess Royal Nkinzi Victoria Ruth
- Prince Crispin Jjunju Kiweewa
- Owek. Amb. E. L. Ssendaula – 1st Dy. Katikkiro and Minister for Buganda Affairs Abroad
- Owek. Robert Waggwa Nsibirwa – Minister for Investment, Planning and Economic Development
- Owek. Dr. Kawaase Twaha Kigongo – Minister for Education
- Owek. Ritah Namyalo Kisitu – Minister of State for Tourism
Omutaka Kayiira Gajuule Fredrick Kasibante: Speaker for Clans’ Council.
Member Buganda Lukiiko:
Owek. Dr. Nankindu Prosperous
CEOs/Heads of various Departments/Institutions:
- Prof. Arthur Sserwanga – Vice Chancellor MRU
- Omuk. Douglas Dunstan Mukiibi – Co-odinator MRU
- Omuk. Kyewalabye Male David – CEO/Buganda Land Board
- Omuk. Ssentamu Lillian Kaddu– CEO/Namulondo Investments
- Omuk. David Ntege – Chief of Protocol Buganda Kingdom.
And Buganda Twezimbe Committee
These will be led by Omuk. John Fred Kiyimba Freeman, Chairman Buganda Twezimbe.